venerdì 30 dicembre 2011

Our Roman Holiday

Ahhhh Roma!  This was my absolute most favorite vacation we've ever been on as a family. It was beautiful, relaxing and so much fun!!! The first time I went to Rome I was 16 years old. My amazing mama and grandparents gave me a trip to Italy for my birthday. I fell in LOVE <3 Now I live in Italy and I was super excited to be able to share this country of Romance with my husband.

Day 1:  The Colosseum and the Roman Forum! I was excited about this because the last time we didn't get to go inside so this time it was a must! It was amazing! Built in only 8 years this amphitheater could seat 50,000 (in 10 minutes!) That's a lot of people! Seeing the movie Gladiator helped to envision the way things used to be. The Roman forum was so cool because I could just picture it being busy with people selling stuff at the markets and going about their daily life. After that we headed passed the Piazza Venezia and to the center to see the Pantheon. It's amazing that this building got all it's light from the hole in the roof ( before electricity). We didn't stay long because they closed early for the holiday and we happened to get there like 5 minutes after it closed. Next stop.... Fontana de Trevi!!! This was the most important stop for me. I didn't get to go last time because my mom made me go to bed ;p It was so beautiful and my pictures do it absolutely no justice! Next time we go back we'll go back at night to see it all lit up. SOO beautiful! Andres and I already have all we need and more so we made wishes for other people <3 We walked through the famous shopping street Via Dei Condetti where we could never even think about shopping. It was nice to look though! It was so rich the Christmas decorations were from Mercedes Benz. After drooling over all the beautiful shoes and clothes that were no cheaper than 500 euro we made it to the Piazza di Spagna where the Spanish steps are located. The Spanish steps were a nice place to sit and take pictures. The sun was starting to go down and it was getting cooler so we decided to head to our last destination before heading home for the day. We walked past the race track from Ben-Hur where the chariots raced. I've never seen the movie but that's just what I was told. It doesn't look like much goes on there now. The final destination of the night was La Bocca della Verita ( the mouth of truth). Don't stick your hand in here if you've lied that day or you may lose your hand! jk! But it was still awesome to see it and feel a little bit of Audrey. <3 her!!!
I was trying to be a statue but then some lady started yelling at me.

Andres's Roman Statue





Arc of Constantine
Roman Forum


The Pantheon

Trevi Fountain!!!
mouth of truth

Spanish Steps






























Day 2: This day was a pretty easy day. We only had 3 places we wanted to see but each of them took a while to go through. First stop was the Vatican Museum. It's amazing to see all the hard work artists put into making the Vatican the place that it is. The art work is just so beautiful! It took us about 2 hours to make it through the whole thing. Next was St. Peter's Basilica. HUGE! After the Vatican we saw Castel Sant Angelo. We didn't go inside this one because we hear there's nothing too exciting inside. It's mostly a tomb. Maybe we'll go in next time. Before heading home we stopped off one more time at the Pantheon so we could go inside. It was amazing! I was wondering how the place didn't flood with all the rain Italy gets. There's just 4 little holes to drain all the rain that goes through the hole in the roof! 



Entrance to the Vatican Museum

Laocoon and his 2 sons (in the Vatican Museum)

The Vatican


Inside the Pantheon

Sistine Chapel!!


That was our trip! It's hard to describe how truly amazing everything was but I hope you enjoyed our pictures!I can't wait to go back and see even more of Roma! No matter how many times you go somewhere you can always find something you didn't see before. 

XOXO
Bex&Co.



1 commento:

  1. What an amazing trip! you guys are so lucky you got to see so much!

    RispondiElimina